HOW TO BUMP TEST A GMI LEAKSURVEYOR (BUMP TESTING)
BUMP TESTING YOUR GMI LEAKSURVEYOR
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your Leaksurveyor is a “PUMPED” gas detector and so you should be using a DEMAND FLOW REGULATOR.
The objective of a Bump Test is to challenge the gas detector on a regular basis so you can see that it reads a gas presence and it alarms appropriately (either an audible alarm or a flashing light or both) when gas is present. Bump testing also confirms that after gas is removed the machine returns to 0.0% LEL.
Preparing your gas detector for bump testing …
- Turn your gas detector ON
- Check that your battery is full. This information is displayed in start-up
- Check the calibration due date has not passed
- Wait until your GMI unit settles on 0.0% LEL
Preparing your gas for bump testing …
- Check the gas bottle contents are the correct mixture. DO NOT USE the wrong gas mix. Contact us if you are not sure – we are happy to help
- Check the gas bottle contents are in date (there will be an expiry date on the bottle)
- Check the bottle has gas in it
- Attach the regulator and hose to the gas bottle and turn on
You are now ready to start the bump test …
- Attach the hose from your gas bottle to your GMI Leaksurveyor
- Wait for your GMI to settle
- Take the reading
- Turn the gas bottle off and remove the hose from the GMI
- Wait for the GMI to settle
- Check that the GMI returns to 0.0%
BUMP TEST RESULTS – WHAT DO THEY MEAN???
If your GMI Leaksurveyor bump test result reads below 45% LEL or above 55% LEL when using the correct gas mixture of 2.5% CH4 (50% LEL), then your GMI is out of calibration and must be calibrated. You can book your GMI Leaksurveyor in for calibration on our website (click here). If you need to rent a GMI Leaksurveyor whilst you send yours for calibration click here to contact us, we can help.
If your GMI Leaksurveyor bump test result reads above 45% LEL and below 55% LEL when using the correct gas mixture of 2.5% CH4 (50% LEL), then your GMI has responded appropriately to the bump test.
GET A FREE HEALTH CHECK
If you don’t have the facilities to complete your own bump testing or perhaps you would like a more complete examination of the health of your unit you can access that service at anytime for ZERO$ through Heath Pipeline Services (www.gasandoil.com.au). Click here to book your GMI in for a free health check.
DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THIS PROCEDURE